Health & Safety
Some of the components that you will be handling in the installation process of your new self build conservatory are heavy and can cause injury if not handled correctly. Installation will need at least one other person to assist in positioning components safely. Always wear protective gloves when handling glass and be particularly careful when moving sealed units.
What tools are required?
- Philips and Flat Head Screwdrivers
- Electric Drill and Drill/Screwdriver Bits
- Spirit Level
- Plumb Bob Line
- Rubber Mallet
- Step Ladder
- Silicone Gun and Tubes
- Glass Cleaner
- Safety Glasses
- Triple Shield Sealed Units
- Welded cills
- Frame connectors/corner posts
- Ultraframe Roof
- All roof fixings
- Ready to fit polycarbonate or glass units for the roof
- Rainwater goods and down pipe
- Conservatory installation guide
- Fixing screw kit including packers
- Non-silicone based sealant for self cleaning glass roofs
*Conservaflash is supplied for brick faced properties and conservatories with suitable duo pitched roofs and is an Ultraframe product that replaces traditional lead flashing. Please note that some installations may require cavity trays which are not supplied.
What's not supplied?
- Dwarf Walls(unless Instabuild steel base selected)
- Lead flashing
- Internal window boards
You can follow a typical conservatory installation process in our DIY Construction Guide.