After you have placed your order
When we have received your order and initial deposit we will email to you a formal order acknowledgement together with a final cad drawing of your new self build conservatory which we ask you to check and confirm that all details are correct before processing your order for manufacture.
Conservatories for installation onto a traditional base...
On receipt of your confirmation we will email two base plans detailing both internal and external brickwork sizes, as the example below.
Your base plans
The external brickwork plan for your new self build conservatory details the sizes overall external brickwork. The internal brickwork plan provides the dimensions to the inside face of the external brickwork. This is the critical dimension which will be used for manufacturing purposes. The welded cill will sit on the external wall with the back of the cill flush with the inside face of the brickwork. Your base and brickwork must be accurately built to these dimensions to ensure a trouble free installation.
Manufacture and Delivery
After we have sent your base plans to you we will process your order and provide a scheduled delivery date of your conservatory which will normally be within 3 - 4 weeks. We will also send you information about your delivery including advice on checking and storing all the components prior to installation, together with an installation guide for the conservatory windows and door, allowing you the opportunity to study the guide before starting installation. The installation guide for your conservatory roof will be supplied inside the Ultraframe roof kit.
It is unusual for your scheduled delivery date to change but you can rest assured that we will keep you informed should this be necessary.
Conservatories ordered with a steel base...
A pad location plan similar to the one shown here will be emailed to you within a few days of processing your order. This will show the location of the concrete pads that you will need to install in preperation for fitting the steel base.
Manufacture and delivery of your steel base
The base will be delivered direct to you by the manufacturer normally within 20 working days from receipt of your order and we will advise you of the actual day of delivery. Assistance with off-loading your base must be provided.
If storage facilities are limited you may prefer to have the base delivered a week prior to delivery of the conservatory itself so that the base can be fitted first but we will discuss the options with you at the time of order.
In order to mimimise sight lines you new diy conservatory may include windows and door combination frames that could be up to 3500mm long and in the case of full height glazing, could be more than 2100mm high. Please note that we provide a kerb-side delivery service and cannot accept responsibility if you are unable to move components for your conservatory from the point of delivery to the required point of installation. If you consider that this may be an issue please advise at time of order so that we can discuss this fully with you.
It is not possible to provide timed deliveries but we will do our best to update you in the unlikely event of any unexpected delays. Please note that delivery drivers cannot offload your order without assistance and some of the items will be very heavy and may require more than one person to be present.
We aim to deliver your new self build conservatory in one delivery and the components that make up your order will include:
Welded Bay Cill
- depending on the size, the bay cill may have to be split for transportation reasons and a cill jointer will be provided. The cill end caps and cill jointer(if applicable)are normally taped to the welded cill.
- depending on the size of the conservatory, the windows will be supplied in one, two or three windows per wall and should be easily identified from the conservatory cad drawing sent with your order acknowledgement. Handles are not fitted but wrapped and taped to each opening vent.
- supplied as one unit with a separate cill. Handles are factory fitted and the keys will be found screwed into the glazing aperture.
- supplied separately with a bag of coloured glazing packers
Corner Posts and frame connectors
- corner posts can be identified from the conservatory drawing and frame connectors will be required where any two frames are joined on the conservatory elevation or where frames join to a door.
Ultraframe Roof Kit
- boxed and packed separately including all guttering and downpipe(some small components and the installation guide are usually packed inside the downpipe). A roof plan and assembly instructions is supplied inside the accessory box which also contains Conservaflash and guttering clips.
- Polycarbonate is pre-cut and boxed. Sealed units labelled with sizes. Double glazed sealed units should be stored safely away from the construction area until required.
We ask you to check the major components on delivery and advise us immediately of any discrepancy or damage. Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for broken glass units unless noted at the time of delivery.You will be able to identify most items from the final cad drawing of your DIY conservatory that we sent to you with your order acknowledgement.
Please be sure to check the major components of your new self build conservatory prior to commencing installation as any missing items may interrupt your build schedule.